WHY BECOME AN AMBASSADOR
on your campus and beyond
Engagement Bursary from 2000 to 4000 dollars
Ongoing training and mentorship
Personal and professional development
Networking opportunities with leading experts in the field
HOW TO APPLY?
1. The recruitment period will be open from May 1st-15th 2016
2. To apply, fill in the form (at the bottom of the page), and attach your CV
3. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview
4. The second cohort of CHNGR ambassadors will meet on le June 9th in the evening for the first time, and will receive a mandatory training June 13-14, 2016 2016.
5. The ambassador mandate begins at the moment of selection, and will continue until May 2017
OUR SELECTION CRITERIA
• You are a student (part time or full time) on a participating campus for the 2016-2017 year.
• You are already in contact with the different actors on campus with whom we’d like to partner, or you’re not afraid to knock on doors.
• You are a good communicator, and aren’t shy of debate.
• You are interested in the movement which aims to construct a fairer and more democratic economic model (social economy, social innovation, collective and social innovation, etc.).
• You know how to call on others to maximize your impact. You believe in collaboration.
• You can juggle many tasks at a time.
• You can express yourself in French and in English (written and spoken).
*A partner campus confirmed the presence of a contact person within the institution, in addition to offering the possibility to integrate existing projects within the institution. As of today: Concordia University, ÉTS – École de technologie supérieure, HEC Montréal, Université de Montréal, Polytechnique, McGill University, UQAM | Université du Québec à Montréal, My Dawson College, Collège de Rosemont, Collège Jean-de-Brébeuf, Collège Ahuntsic, Cégep régional de Lanaudière à L’Assomption, John Abbott College, ENAP- Montreal campus.
SOME GREAT PLUSES
• Experience in content creation : video, articles, etc.
• A good grasp of entrepreneurship and economics
• Familiarity with our work tools : Podio and Slack
• Experience as an entrepreneur
WHAT DOES THE YEAR OF AN AMBASSADOR LOOK LIKE?
The mandate of the ambassador will be supported by the Project Coordinator and the Communications and events Coordinator.
TRAINING AND STRATEGY
Following their training in June, ambassadors will plan their year and meet key players on their campus, in addition to familiarizing themselves with the work of the ambassadors preceding them.
• Complete the mapping of existing initiatives and contacts on campus
• Identify opportunities and build a work plan* for the year to come
*The plans reflect the objectives stated in the “CHNGR aims to” section.
ACTIONS ON CAMPUS
• Meeting, on a regular basis, with their campus contact, in addition to their mentor
• Execute the action plan
• Measure the impact of these actions
COLLABORATING WITH THE TEAM
• Communicate progress internally to maximize opportunities for collaboration
• Join a CHNGR work team and collectively complete the project
• Participate in the professional development sessions offered by our partners
• Stay abreast of news in regards to the social economy, social innovation and collective and social entrepreneurship (news, trends, actors)
“ Basically, we’re looking for someone who likes a challenge. We are a young project, and we want to work with persons who’d like to co-construct it with us! We are looking for students ready to show initiative, and willing to trace new paths on their campuses with us. ”